Designing an island for a high-end kitchen involves several decisions. To begin the design process, here are five questions you should as yourself.
1. How will I be using my kitchen island?
2. What kind of features or appliances do I want my island to have?
3. How much storage does my island need to have?
4. What shape do I want my island to be and how will it fit into the kitchen layout?
5. What types of materials and colors do I want to use for my island?
As we all know, the kitchen island is no longer designed purely for preparing food. As interior designer Shoshana Gosselin wrote in a Houzz design article, "it is a prime gathering spot and a place for homeowners to add personal touches: beautiful rich tones, sparkly finishes, comfortable seating - and color, whether it's just a little or a lot."
For high-end designs, the kitchen island is where you add your "wow factor." For inspiration here are five unique design ideas for luxury kitchen islands that make a statement.
Create a unique curve or add color with Blue Bahia granite countertops to achieve your own version of this contemporary kitchen.
Add a distinctive architectural feature like this modern luxury kitchen that features a backlit honey onyx column.