Best Cleaning Products and Practices for Granite and Marble Countertops
At Marble and Granite Inc.
, we frequently get questions from customers about how to care and maintain their granite and marble countertops. Here are our recommendations for the best marble and granite cleaning products and practices:Best Marble and Granite Cleaning Products
We have found that Dupont StoneTech
cleaners, sealers, revitalizers, and stain removers provide the best overall care for marble and granite countertops. Marble and Granite Inc.
carries a full line of Stone Tech products
, which are available for purchase on our website
.Best Marble and Granite Cleaning Practices
- DO use coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol or citrus juices.
- DO use trivets or mats under hot dishes or cookware.
- DO use place mats under china, ceramics, silver or other
- DO place a small rug or mat at entryways to trap dirt and sand from normal foot traffic.
- DO dust countertops, islands, vanities and floors frequently.
- DO blot up spills immediately to minimize permanent damage to the stone.
- DO clean surfaces regularly with neutral cleaners designed for stone.
- DONT use vinegar, bleach, ammonia, other general purpose cleaners, bathroom cleaners or tub and tile cleaners.
- DONT use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
- DONT use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for stone.
These cleaning instructions are for reference only. Be sure to follow the directions on our recommended granite or marble cleaning products for best results. If you have questions, contact Marble and Granite Inc.
, and we will be glad to help you.